Friday, December 9, 2011

lately

I've had a lot of things on my mind lately. Here are a few:

1.I sprained my ankle and strained my knee nearly two weeks ago hiking to these hot springs in Diamond Fork. Let's just say I will NEVER go hiking on an icy trail again and that doing it in the dark without a flashlight isn't the smartest idea:)
The problem is that now I can't continue training for my marathon in June. I was training for a half marathon in January, but there's no way that's going to happen now. It's super frustrating and it makes me upset thinking about maybe having only 5 months to train! grrr. So to get some of this frustration out and to try and stay in shape I went on a bike ride on Monday. I thought I'd healed up enough for something as simple as biking, but I was WRONG! The next day my knee hurt worse than when I first injured it. Looks like I'm going to have to turn to swimming until I'm all healed up again and patiently wait.

2. I sure love my family:) They mean the world to me.
I moved out recently after living with them for the summer. It's crazy how much I want to be with them now that I don't live there! My favorite thing is opening the front door and hearing my name screamed in excitement from my little monsters. Even after one day of not seeing them I start missing them really bad. This probably isn't the healthiest and I need to learn(once again) how to live without them being in my life every day.


3. I'm extremely happy with my major-Outdoor Recreation. While I don't regret the countless hours I spent studying to get into the nursing program at BYU-I, I'm super grateful that I don't have to stay cooped up in the library studying my brains out everyday!
Studying for the classes I'm taking is actually fun now because I'm going into something that I have a passion for. I enjoy being in nature because that's where I'm most me. I love it that I can
be in a program that seems like no work at all AND completely enjoy myself at the same time.







1 comment:

  1. Oh look at you! I love you, you are just so great. I'm so thankful that you are doing well, and love your major =) I miss you!

    ReplyDelete